Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your primary care physician.
This testosterone test will provide actual results, including when the total testosterone value is >1500 but <10,000.
How it Works
- Purchase the lab.
- After lab has been purchased, you will receive a lab requisition for LabCorp in your email within 24 hours.
- Go to https://www.labcorp.com/
labs-and-appointmentsto schedule your lab appointment.
- Once your labs are drawn, allow 5-7 days for results.
- Your results and a recording of the provider reviewing your results will be sent to your email.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) with Differential: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; immature granulocytes and Differential (Absolute and Percent - Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, and Basophils)
- Comprehensive Metabolic Profile (CMP) (includes eGFR): Albumin, Albumin/Globulin Ratio (calculated), Alkaline Phosphatase, ALT, AST, BUN/Creatinine Ratio (calculated), Calcium, Carbon Dioxide, Chloride, Creatinine with GFR Estimated, Globulin (calculated), Glucose, Potassium, Sodium, Total Bilirubin, Total Protein, Urea Nitrogen
- Urinalysis Complete Profile: Color; appearance; specific gravity; pH; protein; glucose; occult blood; ketones; leukocyte esterase; nitrite; bilirubin; urobilinogen; microscopic examination of urine sediment
- Lipid panel: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation)
- Iron, Serum w/ TIBC: Total Iron, Iron Binding Capacity, % Saturation (calculated)
- Testosterone, Free & Total w/SHBG
- Hemoglobin a1c
- Thyroxine (T4) free, direct, S
- Cancer antigen (CA) 125
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA-s) Sulfate
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Luteinizing hormone (LH), S
- Follicle-stimulating Hormone (FSH), Serum
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor I (IGF-I, LC/MS)
- C-Reactive protein, cardiac
- Vitamin D, 25-OH, Total
- Magnesium, Serum
If your results are abnormal, we advise that you seek professional medical attention.
Patient should fast for 12-14 hours prior to collection of the specimen. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test. If using a testosterone cream please be sure you have not rubbed any into the antecubital area of your arm for the last 24 hours as it can give elevated results.
The estimated turnaround for results is 7 business days. If confirmation testing is required, the estimated time may be extended.